Welcome to Harvest Mama

Welcome to the Harvest Mama blog of wisdom..parenting at 40 and beyond...How many of us are doing this? First timers and subsequent babies...From time immemorial women have been birthing in their 40's and beyond.., so here am I writing for all of us Harvest Mamas out there....and I welcome you all to my little world ,here on this blog

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Sunday, February 6, 2011

and the story goes like this

We gave up what else could we do? Our age certainly did not help and neither did our finances..I have 2 beautiful children who love you too I told my husband..so we got on with life.
It so happened that my very elderly maternal grandmother who had her last baby at 48 years of age was hoping that we would renew our vows in a Church..well its not my sort of thing , but my husband was all for it..why not?  We could have a party,I think deep down it was important to him..I am not an extreme Pagan by that I mean that I respect all religions and beliefs I wont force my ways on anyone just like I dont appreciate having anyone else's ways forced on me..We had had our legal marriage as a Wiccan handfasting so why not? Plus I got to dress up again..I threw myself into preparations
A masquerade reception what fun!!!
It wasnt until I went to zip up my dress 3 days before the wedding that I noticed a very slight change barely noticeable ..but my dress did not zip up! Oh no! I didnt look fatter!!!! I had this beautiful beautiful lace Pronovias gown that could not be done up...I did have an extra on stand by...I just cant resist a beautiful dress ..but it definitely was not the ONE! Regardless the day went ahead..and much fun was had by all











No comments:

Post a Comment