Welcome to Harvest Mama

Welcome to the Harvest Mama blog of wisdom..parenting at 40 and beyond...How many of us are doing this? First timers and subsequent babies...From time immemorial women have been birthing in their 40's and beyond.., so here am I writing for all of us Harvest Mamas out there....and I welcome you all to my little world ,here on this blog

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How I became a Harvest Mama

How did it happen? My Journey ...Surfacing from your of oppression and repression caused by being trapped in an abusive first marriage, I took my first steps out into the sunshine...
I was 39 with two young children starting again,with no home and no money.
I did what every sensible mama would do ..I weaned my 4 year old son..and looked for a job..Being a registered nurse ceratinly helped..I worked nights 3 times a week and my mum (who is a spring mama) looked after my children.
It was during one of these shifts that I met again with Rowan .We had met through work many years before and found our friendship quickly rekindled..We had  much in common, and it I was amazed at how easy love can actually be with the right person..
We married 8 months after we met..why waste time we were 40 and 47 ,given a second chance at love ...we are hopeless romantics so we married an intimate ceremony on a rainy summers evening in the gorgeous Japanese gardens in front of our closest and dearest...









And this was how it all started

No comments:

Post a Comment