Welcome to Harvest Mama

Welcome to the Harvest Mama blog of wisdom..parenting at 40 and beyond...How many of us are doing this? First timers and subsequent babies...From time immemorial women have been birthing in their 40's and beyond.., so here am I writing for all of us Harvest Mamas out there....and I welcome you all to my little world ,here on this blog

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Sunday, February 20, 2011

At the Obstetrician's

The obstetrician experience
so exciting!
my very excited husband and I are sitting nervously in the waiting room...
We are ushered in by Dr G
once we sit down we are met with the " so what do you want to do about it?" after telling the doctor our exciting news..
Sorry??? Are we hearing this correctly? what do we want to do about it?????
This is a miracle..a gift from the Goddess...
well we are going to have our baby I replied...to which the Dr starts telling us all of the dire statistics associated with a " geriatric pregnancy" I dont care I tell him..I will face all and anything..
Then he proceeds to tell us about the miscarriage rates, the mortality and morbidity etc
Then he commences to push for amnios, CVS etc
No we tell him we dont want anything like this ...nothing...
I reply well u know what I have been through failed IVF with all of the emotional,physycal and financial cost which it entailed
I am now pregnant naturally at 43, with a 4% successful pregnancy rate in this age group..and I cannot believe that any mother would not wish to keep her baby in this situation
we are well established,mature,healthy,wise or not so wise I dont care


we are having this baby!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. well a huge congratulations from those in my household :D! hope it all goes smoothly <3 cant believe your OB was so rude maybe look into a new one? xo
    MummyKitty
    (not a harvest mummy but a mummy none the less)

    ReplyDelete