Welcome to Harvest Mama

Welcome to the Harvest Mama blog of wisdom..parenting at 40 and beyond...How many of us are doing this? First timers and subsequent babies...From time immemorial women have been birthing in their 40's and beyond.., so here am I writing for all of us Harvest Mamas out there....and I welcome you all to my little world ,here on this blog

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Harvest Mama 4 weeks to go

Monday, February 7, 2011

what happens next

mmmmm...I wake up 3 days after the big day ...am I late? when were my last periods? no idea..
OMG!!!! what has happened now..a small liquid bleed during intercourse???? My head is in a spin..
out come my ancient nursing studies text books..Anatomy and Physiology..check
Alternate States of Health ..check..thats it I think, I must have on of those horrible gynae cancers that persecute women in their 40's
I ring my Dr...Thank God you are there I wail..my ever patient dr says what is wrong now? I am dying dying I say to him...I dont want to lose my bits ? what bits he says ..well I reply I can have any number of diseases..endometrial cancer, the unmentionable one please dont let it be the unmentionable one..please God I pray..or worse WORSE it could be the menopause...after listening to this for a while my doctor says "Have you thought you may be pregnant?" Dont be silly I say I cant get pregnant Im too old!!!! I have spent 4 years waiting for the double pink lines,the blue positive cross sign,every month only to feel the heartbreak of disappointment time and time again...
"Well " he says" it wont hurt to check just the once"
TEN pregnancy tests later...I sit and stare in wonder..there are 2 pink lines,2 pink double lines,2 blue lines,2 blue positive lines..many blue + symbols ,test after test after test
I tell my friend ..we hug..Im too scared to tell my husband..what if I miscarry like last time ???
Eventually I tell him
it will be our secret we say
How can one keep secret such a thing..you are so happy your heart threatens to burst ..you are so scared your heart sinks..
As I sit in wonder surrounded by 10 positive blue and pink lines
3 positive tests that I kept

No comments:

Post a Comment